My own Words (click to expand)
More About Me
Caring, patient, creative and undertaking, but with little inclination to carry those who cannot be bothered to work on issues themselves.
As a professional engineer and farmer, I am a problem solver. Nothing is impossible and everything can be improved upon. Constructive discontent makes the world a better place!
I mostly work from home (marking papers, giving online classes, doing my own research), but with the occasional short work visit abroad (lecturing at two foreign universities).
This allows me to spend time growing my own food and being involved with environmental projects.
I am interested in nature, holistic medicine, ancient history, philosophy, architecture, sustainable farming, astronomy, astrobiology, forensic engineering, music, languages, international politics and much more. As a life-long learner, I am open to anything new you would like to introduce me to.
More About My Match
- Honest. I am understanding about almost anything ("to err is human"), but will not waste time on people who squander my trust.
- Loyal and considerate. I will support you if you feel strongly about something, but expect the same in return. Be nice to others, too.
- Witty sense of humour. We can laugh ourselves through any adversity together.
- Passionate. We react to each other's pheromones, we are imaginative and we know how to make being together enjoyable in every way.
- Intellectual. You are interested in pretty much everything and always busy deepening your knowledge.
- Not materialistic. There is so much more to live for than accruing trinkets and showing off to others.
- Responsible. Take ownership of your actions and inactions.
- Problem solver. Get worked up over a problem, but deal with it as a sensible adult. I am always there to assist when asked for.
- Hard worker. Always doing the best you can, so having a little obsessive (not the same as neurotic) streak is acceptable.
- Not narcissistic or insecure. You do not need the approval of others to be who you are or do what you believe in.
- Playful. Allow your youthful self to surface and have fun.
- Persevering. If you have read the above and are still interested... full marks.
Let us meet as friends, then see if we wish to explore further.