ConnectingSingles®.mobi100% Free Mobile Dating Site

New Zealand - What we know so far:

At least one gunman opened fire at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, at 1.40pm local time on Friday
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has declared the attack a terrorist attack
49 people have been killed - 41 were killed at Masjid Al Noor Mosque, seven at Linwood Masjid Mosque and one died at hospital
48 people were rushed to hospital with gunshot wounds and 20 are in critical condition
A gunman live-streamed his deadly attack on Facebook using a GoPro in footage too distressing to show
It was posted on a Facebook page belonging to Brenton Tarrant
It is understood the killer is an Australian who published a chilling 74-page manifesto before the rampage
Cops have arrested three men and a woman, with initial reports of one wearing a suicide vest proven incorrect
A 28-year-old man has been charged with murder and will appear in court tomorrow
Two others remain in custody and it is not clear if the fourth person was involved in the attack
Police are searching a property on Somerville Street, Dunedin in relation to today's attack
New Zealand and Australian authorities have confirmed the suspects were not on any watch lists
The Bangladesh cricket team were at one of the mosques and escaped the shooting
Cops defused improvised explosives found on nearby booby-trapped cars
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern called it "one of New Zealand's darkest days"

New Zealand's Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern declared the mosque massacres a "terrorist attack" and said it was one of the country's "darkest days".

Three men and one woman are in custody following the shootings at Masjid Al Noor Mosque and Linwood Masjid Mosque in Christchurch at around 1.40pm local time.

Initial reports one of those arrested was wearing a suicide vest were incorrect, as cops warned "let's not presume the danger has gone".

New Zealand Police commissioner Mike Bush said a man in his late twenties has been charged with murder and will appear in court tomorrow.

He added police were still trying to establish if the other three were involved, though one likely had "nothing to do with this incident".

Police also defused a number of improvised explosives which were found on nearby booby-trapped cars following the bloodbath.

Ardern confirmed 41 people were killed at the Masjid Al Noor Mosque and a further seven were killed at the Linwood Masjid Mosque. One person later died from their wounds at hospital.

As she raised the country's security to the highest level, the PM said: "It is clear that this can now only be described as a terrorist attack."

She said the four people in police custody held extremist views, but had not been on any police watchlists.

"It's not a matter of someone having slipped under the radar," the PM said.

One white-supremacist gunmen filmed the footage - too shocking to show in its entirety - on a GoPro camera and streamed it to a Facebook page.

He fired automatic weapons as people ran for their lives and executed people at point blank range - including one girl who lay on the floor screaming for help.

Full story with video:
page: 1 2 of 2
Post Comment More Willy3411 Blogs More Blogs

© 2001-2019

We use cookies to ensure that you have the best experience possible on our website. Read Our Privacy Policy Here
If you would like to tell us how we can make this site better, Click here to give us Feedback
Note: Please check out our Full Website where we have many more features.